Your visit to GEM and The Hague Museum of Photography
Please note: GEM / The Hague Museum of Photography is closed until 9 February.
We are delighted to welcome you back to GEM museum of contemporary art and The Hague Museum of Photography! For the time being, things will not be quite as you are used to at the museum.
There are no tickets available at the box office, you can only visit the museum with an online reservation.
Choose your time slot using the order form.
Although we are keen to welcome one and all to the museum, we do ask that you stay home if you have a cold, fever and/or shortness of breath. The same applies if any other member of your household has these last two symptoms. You can alter your reservation easily and without any additional cost by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restaurant Gember is closed. No food or drink may be consumed in the museum.
For all those who are unable to come to the museum at the moment, we and our neighbours at Kunstmuseum Den Haag have some fantastic online content, including virtual tours and mini exhibitions.
- - A new time slot begins every thirty minutes, so that we can spread visitors through the building as much as possible, making it easy to keep a distance.
- - If, for example, you choose 11:00 on the order form, you will have until 11:30 to enter the museum. A time slot is a specific period during which you can start your visit.
OTHER HYGIENE MEASURES
The Hague Museum of Photography and GEM are following the official guidance issued by the National Institute of Public Health and the Environment (RIVM):
- It is compulsory for visitors aged 13 and over to wear a face mask in the museum.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other visitors and staff.
- Do not shake hands.
- Clean your hands using the hand sanitizer available at the ticket office, the toilets, the shop at the Gember café/restaurant.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow. Use paper tissues to blow your nose, and dispose of them in a closed bin. Then wash or sanitize your hands.
- Our staff will monitor compliance with the rules on distancing and routes. Please comply with their instructions.
- Stay home if you have a cold, fever and/or shortness of breath. The same applies if any other member of your household has these last two symptoms. You can alter your reservation at no additional cost by mailing email@example.com.
- In the cloakroom all jackets and coats must be hung far enough apart that they do not touch. As a result, capacity is limited. If possible, do not bring a coat, and leave any extra items like large bags at home.
- Finally, we advise you to come to the museum on foot, by bike or by car, if possible.
We look forward to seeing you at The Hague Museum of Photography and GEM!
Exceptions to the face masking obligation
People who are unable to wear a face mask due to their disability or illness can visit the museum without a face mask. For this we ask you to bring a statement from your practitioner, you can show the statement at the ticket control desk at the entrance. Here you will receive a certificate so that employees of the museum can see that you are allowed to enter the museum without a face mask.